If you have a Samsung smartphone with you and it is causing heating issues. Then you might be finding a solid fix for it. You might also have tried many things to resolve this issue.
In this post, we are going to discuss the following things:
- What is mobile heating issue?
- Why mobile get overheated?
- How to fix phone heating problem?
Increasing smartphone temperature while using it to a specific level is normal. But If you get a mobile overheat warning or feel your device is heated to very much then there might be a big problem.
You smartphone can lead to heat a specific level while doing following activities:
- Any smartphone as well as Samsung mobile can get hot while charging.
- Charging mobile with low quality charger adaptor or USB cable.
- Samsung mobile can be heated while recording a FHD video.
- Your mobile can get hot after playing large size game for more than 15 minutes.
- Downloading a very large file at low network area can lead to heat your mobile.
- Using your Samsung mobile under sunlight when temperature is very high around you.
- Extensive usage of mobile hotspot and tethering feature.
- Doing heavy multitasking and many apps running in the background.
But if your smartphone is overheating while doing above activities or heating while normal usage then it is very serious for your mobile.
Fix Samsung phone heating problem
Update Samsung mobile
If overheating issue is with the particular Samsung model then it is the responsibility of Samsung to fix it as soon as possible. And Samsung fix this type of issues via updates.
So you need to update your Samsung mobile firmware to the latest version. You can check latest update following the given below steps:
Settings >> Software Update >> Download & Install
Now you can follow the on screen instructions to update your Samsung mobile successfully.
Stop Background Apps
The main reason of draining battery is running apps in the background. There are many apps which are not required to run in the background but they always keep on running in the background.
So you need to find out all those apps which are not required to run in the background and put them to sleep or freeze.
Follow the simple steps to put apps in deep sleep:
- Go to System Settings.
- Tap on the Battery & Device care.
- Click on the Battery option.
- Tap on the Background usage limits.
- Enable Put unused apps to sleep option.
This feature will only put unused apps to sleep mode but once you start using the unused apps they will also start running in the background.
So to completely stop the background process for apps you need to put them to the deep sleep mode.
Deep Sleeping Apps: Apps added in deep sleep mode will never work in background and they will only work when you open and use them.
You can add apps in deep sleep mode by clicking on + icon in deep sleep mode. Now select the desired app. Then tap the add.
Uninstall un-necessary apps
You must only install apps from the google play store and always keep you installed apps list to the minimum.
If you have installed so many apps and games in your Samsung mobile then immediately find out the unused apps and uninstall them.
You should also disable the unused system apps. As you can’t uninstall the system apps but you can disable or freeze the system apps from the application list.
Do’s & Don’ts for Samsung mobile heating issue
- Update you Samsung mobile firmware to the latest available version.
- Use your mobile in favorable conditions like normal temperatures & humidity.
- Keep some storage free in your Samsung mobile for the good functioning of mobile.
- Regularly take backup of all of your data in external storage and remove it from your mobile to free up some space.
- Put unused apps in deep sleep mode.
- Uninstall unused or rarely used third party apps from your mobile.
- Disable unused system apps.
- Keep your mobile brightness to minimum level or keep it to automatic.
- Turn off GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot when not in use.
- Restart your mobile once a week.
- Reset your mobile when nothing is working for you.
- Don’t use your Samsung mobile while charging.
- Don’t allow unused apps to run in the background.
- Don’t do heavy multi-tasking.
- Don’t open too many apps in at a time.
- Don’t use bulkier mobile covers which prevent ventilation.
- Don’t use your mobile in direct sunlight when atmosphere temperature is very high.
- Don’t use unapproved chargers, battery and USB cable.
- Don’t use third party battery optimizer or battery saver apps as they will also drain battery.
- Don’t use third party storage optimizer or phone manager apps.
- Don’t download large file while a video call.
- Don’t stream videos at maximum brightness level.
- Don’t play very high quality games for long time.
- Don’t use mobile hotspot and tethering feature for a very long time.